01 September 2008

My Favorite Healthy Snack

I've been a big lover of Triscuits ever since I was very young. It's probably because the complex carbs in Triscuits help to keep my seratonin levels up so I'm in a great mood. I usually ate them plain as a kid. Then I later acquired a taste for them with a hearty slice of extra sharp cheddar on them.

Two years ago, when I adopted a WeightWatchers based lifestyle I had to cut down on the cheddar. It was back to eating plain Triscuits (7 of them equals 2 WeightWatchers points)... that is until I discovered The Laughing Cow cheeses!

The Laughing Cow Light cheese wedges are only 35 calories each with 2g of fat per wedge. One spreadable wedge is sufficient for me to have cheese on every one of my 7 Triscuits. And they are oh-so-yummy!

The packaging reads:
"A Taste of France!
'La vache qui rit' (The Laughing Cow) cheese has been a French favorite from the dairy-rich Jura Mountains since 1921."
The Laughing Cow cheeses come in a variety of flavors of which I've tried three--original swiss, garlic and herb, and french onion. My favorite is the garlic and herb with a french onion in close second only because it's harder to find than the garlic and herb. We like to buy the value 3-pack that has a total of 24 spreadable cheese wedges (8 in each round "wheel").

Don't be turned off by the word "Light" either. I can't taste the difference between the "Light" and the "Original Creamy" that only comes in the swiss flavor. So if you haven't tried them, I strongly recommend that you do.


Click on the nutrition table above to enlarge

3 comments:

Joanie said...

I can hardly keep track of all your blogs! I just kind of stumbled over here. Love them all.

Pumpkin said...

I'm totally additcted to Laughing Cow Light! I think the "original" flavor tastes like cream cheese, so it makes a great swap on english muffins and bagels.
I wish I could find 3-packs! I'll have to settle for buying three individual wheels...

Sarah E Boucher said...

I'll have to try it. My favorite Sunday snack is Whole Wheat Ritz Crackers with cheese...I make itty bitty sandwiches! But that sounds as good, and cheeper in the calories category.

© 2007-2015 All rights reserved by Cindy Garber Iverson

Copying of content is forbidden without written consent from the author.