07 January 2012

A new year, a new lease on life

In a few short weeks it will have been a year since my surgery. I've done so much healing since then. In order to keep proper perspective, I have to keep reminding myself how bad I felt a year ago. In reflection, I've realized that my body was shutting down last year. It is sobering to come to terms with that reality. But it also fills me with gratitude for the second chance I've gotten to live a full life.

Over the past 5 months, I've tried various adjustments in meds and supplements. I think I've found the right combination... finally.

Interestingly, my increased Vitamin D levels have made my seasonal affective disorder more tolerable this winter. I'm very thankful for that.

With this new lease on life, I wonder what 2012 has in store for me. So many possibilities.

1 comment:

RURAL said...

That reminds me that I must go and search out my Vit D. It's packed somewhere away with a pile of boxes.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better, it seems that so much of how we feel has to do with our effort expended. Not just the surgery, and the healing, but what you have done to make yourself feel better.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

© 2007-2015 All rights reserved by Cindy Garber Iverson

Copying of content is forbidden without written consent from the author.