16 May 2011

Listening to the "internal iPod" in my head


I've had the lyrics of a song running through my head today. Very often when this happens, I need to pay attention to the words that replay over and over in the "internal iPod" in my head, because I'm supposed to glean something from them--hope, insight, inspiration.

The song is by Shania Twain. I don't even know if she's officially recorded it. I've only seen it on her new television show, "Why Not". Fortunately, she has chosen to share the segment from her show on youTube so I could listen to it again and transcribe the words. I definitely needed this today. Thank you, Shania.


Today
by Shania Twain


You got what it takes you can win,
Today is your day to begin.
Don't give up here, don't you quit.
The moment is now, this is it

Today is your day
And nothing can stand in your way
Today is your day
And everything's goin' your way
Today
Today
Today
Today

Just take one step at a time
Oh I promise that you will be fine

Today
Today
Today
Today
I say today
Today


1 comment:

RaeBeth McGee-Buda said...

This is very inspiring even for me. Thank you for posting this. I never knew about this song.

© 2007-2015 All rights reserved by Cindy Garber Iverson

Copying of content is forbidden without written consent from the author.