I'll give you the truncated version:
- ordered a pallet of huge slabs of flagstone (important to note they were stacked vertically)
- leveled an area in the front garden and installed a flagstone patio for a small fountain
- felt fine afterward so thought I'd do more in the back garden (big mistake)
- rolled "just one more" slab off the pallet which shifted the weight
- pallet of flagstone tipped over and landed a few feet over our property line onto the neighbor's driveway
- in a state of impaired judgment I decide to move all slabs back onto our side of the property line by sledgehammering into liftable chunks and carting them by wheelbarrow to the back garden... by myself
- Need I say more?
You'd think I'd learn. But the family motto "How hard can it be?" must have a genetic component that runs deep in my veins because I never seem to learn.